IP Strategy: A business perspective on IP for Startups and Early Stage Companies
For 2013 Q1 we’re working on some educational presentations for a few Startups that are at the IP planning stages.
IP Strategy: Part 1 – A business perspective on IP for Startups and Early Stage Companies
Topics we will be reviewing:
- Why do (smart) startups need to file IP?
- When should startups file? Timing and Budgeting.
- Software and IP: Where IP fits and how to play the game.
- Patent Quality vs. Quantity: How to pick the future stars for your market.
- Exit plans and Investors: Difference in filing strategies based on company growth plans.
- Lessons learned from past startups & strategies for future IP success. (Facebook, Rockstar, GoPro, BestBuy & Techforward, Nest & Honeywell, Microsoft & i4i, etc.)
Who Should Attend:
- Founders, CEO’s & Startups looking to understand, build and begin to manage the the initial IP aspect of their business.
If you are interested in attending let me know and I’ll pass on the location details & scheduled dates for your location. Part 2 will be focused on mid-size high-growth companies, so stay tuned for details.